freym puhmp or c-too inf-lay-tur
A device that inflates bicycle tires using either a manual pump or a cartridge of pressurized gas
Example usage: I need to grab my frame pump or CO2 inflator before I go for a ride.
Most used in: Areas where cyclists frequently ride with limited access to a bike pump.
Most used by: Competitive cyclists and mountain bikers.
Comedy Value: 6/10
What is a Frame Pump or CO2 Inflator?
A frame pump or CO2 inflator is an essential tool for cyclists of all levels. It is used to quickly and efficiently inflate tires that have gone flat. It is important to keep your tires at the correct pressure to ensure a safe and comfortable ride.
Frame pumps are usually made of metal or plastic and are designed to be attached to the frame of the bike. They work by forcing air into the tire through a flexible hose. They are usually used for slow, steady inflation of tires, and are the most common type of pump used by cyclists.
CO2 inflators are usually made of metal or plastic and are designed to be attached to the frame of the bike. They work by releasing pressurized carbon dioxide gas into the tire, allowing for rapid inflation. CO2 inflators are more convenient than frame pumps as they are smaller and lighter, and can be used to quickly inflate multiple tires.
According to a recent survey, over 60% of cyclists use a frame pump or CO2 inflator to maintain their tire pressure. The remaining 40% use a standard pump or air compressor. Regardless of the type of pump used, it is important to keep your tires at the correct pressure to ensure a safe and comfortable ride..
The History of Frame Pump and CO2 Inflator
A frame pump or CO2 inflator is a device used for bicycle tires to inflate them to a desired air pressure. The term was first used in the early 1900s in Europe and North America when the first frame pumps were invented. These pumps were made out of steel and attached to the frame of the bicycle. This allowed cyclists to easily pump up their tires without having to carry a bulky pump.
In the late 1950s, the first CO2 inflator was invented. This device used carbon dioxide cartridges to quickly inflate tires. This allowed cyclists to easily and quickly inflate their tires without having to use a frame pump. This device is still used today and is often preferred by cyclists due to its convenience and portability.
Frame pumps and CO2 inflators are important tools for cyclists and have been around for over a century. They provide cyclists with the ability to quickly and easily inflate their tires, allowing them to ride their bicycles with ease.